There is one aspect of walking alone for a few months that I enjoy the most: no distractions and little to do in the evening, except journal writing and reading. Unfortunately, I cannot read those 700 page hardcover masterpieces, however, there are plenty of 200-300 page soft cover books that fit nicely into my pack (cart). This year, instead of googling-it, I would like to ask anyone who stumbles along my blog to suggest a book or two they would put in their pack if they went on a hike or really long walk. The book suggestions do not have to about walking, it’s just a coincidence that I listed 4 books about walking.
So far, I have the following the book list started (Last Name, First Name. Title):
- Kerouac, Jack. The Dharma Bums.
- Hall, Meredith. Without a map.
- Muir, John. A Thousand-Mile Walk to the Gulf.
- Fletcher, Colin. The Man Who Walker Through Time.
- Young Men and Fire. Norman Maclean.
- Vaillant, John. The Golden Spruce.